The new school year is just around the corner, and it's time to start packing up a few things to prepare for the transition. While I'm at school, I'll have to take a break from blogging due to my educational and athletic commitments (and I won't have access to most of my collection anyway since I go to college out of state).
In a few days I'll officially put the blog to sleep until at least Christmas break, maybe next summer. It may get up a couple times in the dead of night to blow its nose, but those instances should be rare. Before I go on hiatus, however, I thought I would do something fun to close out my first summer of card blogging.
Like any contest, I would like as many participants as possible, so I would encourage y'all to encourage fellow bloggers to check it out, particularly The Diamond King, since I've claimed a lot from him and my profile won't let me comment on his blog at the moment. (Though I do understand if you want there to be fewer contestants, to help your own chances at winning!)
I hope the contest goes well! Thanks for reading, and until Thursday!
OOOOOH....I like free stuff lol. My favorite memory would either be pitching varsity in high school or going to the Rangers World Series watch party for game 5 of the 2023 WS.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work on the blog!
I'm in. One memory is of Nolan Ryan in the early 90's. He was warming up as he was pitching that night. When he was done he headed over to the railing where a small group of us were watching him. He looked me in the eye (I swear) and reached out his hand as if to give me the ball so I reached to receive it from him except he handed it to a kid right next to me. Dang!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the upcoming school year! I've enjoyed your blog and will be happy when time allows you to post more. I'll enter your contest - One of my favorite baseball memories is when my father-in-law, a friend of ours and I would take a week long trip to Florida to attend Spring Training games.
ReplyDeleteCount me in, thank you. One of my favorite memories is taking my daughter and son to a Dodgers vs Angels spring training game at Angel Stadium back in the late 90's. We saw Eric Karros in the parking lot and both of my kids got his autograph on their ticket stubs. Good times!
ReplyDeleteI don’t need to be included in the giveaway, but wanted to wish you a successful school year.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your blog. I’ve enjoyed reading it and hope that you will be able to post a few times during your school year.
One of my favorite baseball memories was seeing Willie Wilson lead off and hit an inside the park home run. Final score, 1-0. (Royals vs Red Sox) I think the game was about 90 minutes, definitely less than 2 hours.
Damien g'luck this school year hopefully you'll get a chance to find some gems while in school as for my favorite memory of the game practically its from mid February to final pop of a champagne bottle celebration in the dugout practically every year & all the highs & lows of a season. Afterall we could see a breakout rookie like Kevin McGonicle going 4 for 5 in his debut game then hear news of a veteran like Justin Verlander announces his retirement at the of the season to seeing a player we hopefully wouldn't be traded at the deadline get traded & then just can remember what made that particular season rememberable.
ReplyDeleteI'll enter just to get the participant count growing ... Lots of favorite baseball memories. One of my favorites is when 1970s Pirates/White Sox/Rangers slugger Richie Zisk returned my call for a story. I'd talked to several MLB players by then, but Zisk was a favorite the first year I collected cards. Mind was blown.
ReplyDeleteA. After loving elementary school, I didn't enjoy middle school. High school was okay. But college was a blast. Have a great school year!
ReplyDeleteB. The first baseball memory that popped into my head was attending the final A's game at the Oakland Coliseum. The next one that stands out is the 1989 World Series. It was awesome that the A's beat their Bay Area rivals, but it was also memorable for the giant earthquake. It's kinda hard to pick favorites, because I like them for different reasons. On a sentimental level, I'll always cherish the memory of my mom supporting my Little League career. She was the team mom on several occasions and would play catcher when I wanted to practice pitching.
Hope all goes fantastic in your schooling. My favorite game attended was in the mid 1970's going to a Twins game at Met Stadium. Two others come to mind when the Twins won the WS in 1987 and 1991. Enjoy it all!
ReplyDelete