Thursday, July 9, 2026

The Most Prized Item In My Collection

The title of this post is a pretty hefty claim, but after seeing the item, I hope everyone can see why I appreciate it so much. 


A Stan Musial autograph! I got this several years ago with some money I received for my birthday, and could not have been happier when I saw it selling, of all places, on Amazon. 

Here's a closer look at the autograph: 


The seller actually had several of these on his site, and I compared the different images he uploaded in hopes of finding a slight discrepancy in the signatures (whereas if every autograph looked exactly the same, they would more likely be printed). Luckily, I found just such a discrepancy and purchased the item, but I took a picture of the certificate of authenticity anyway, mostly because I was excited: 


Stan Musial may be my favorite baseball player of all time. Originally a pitcher, "Stan the Man" was converted to an outfielder in the minors and made his MLB debut in 1941, collecting two hits as a twenty-year old. Even as a rookie his veteran teammates commented on his experienced approach at the plate, which led to a .331 lifetime batting average, 3,630 hits, 475 home runs, seven Batting Titles, and three MVP Awards. In September of 1963, 22 years after his debut, 42-year-old Musial finished his career just as it started - with a pair of hits. He was elected to the Hall of Fame on his first ballot in 1969.

Fun fact about Musial: he homered in his first at bat after the birth of his first grandchild. 

I think that'll do for today. Thanks to all for reading, and I hope you found the most prized item in my collection to be worth the hype. 

6 comments:

  1. A very cool piece! Never heard that fun fact before either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another interesting fact that Stan collected 1815 career hits on the road as well the same amount at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool autograph! Love that you found it on Amazon. I've found some cool collectibles on there as well, but mostly I use it for supplies.

    ReplyDelete

And the Winner Is...

Batting Out Of Order!  I had your address but am pretty sure I discarded the envelope you sent me earlier 😅 (rookie mistake from an ignoran...